Wednesday, October 19, 2005

A reminder

How do I measure myself? Do I measure myself by my age or abilities, or by profession, or by looks? What is it that makes me important or unimportant? What is the reference point? What is the contact? What's the Greenwich Mean Line to working out whether a person is valuable enough?

There's many views in the world about this.. but none hits the mark as accurately and sweetly than those of Jesus Christ.

He sees that we have two components. There's two issues that go on in us and he mentions them in Mark's Gospel for example:

But at the beginning of creation God made them male and female.
Mark 10:6

We are all created unique.

For from within, out of men's hearts, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly.
Mark 7:21,22

We are fallen sinners.

Now that's a pretty realistic view..

Filed under Christianity; Books | Reading

recently checked-in